Tuesday, September 15, 2015

It Begins

Here I am folks! Making my internet debut, and taking the culinary and wine worlds by storm! Trying to take the WORLD world by storm as well, but that's a little more expensive ;) I'm here to talk about food techniques that I know nothing about, make meals I've never attempted before, and find new flavor profiles in each vintage of Chateauneuf du Pape (hahaha!!---if you're not laughing at that part, you will after I tell you why it's funny!)---make sense yet? 

Each week I hope to try a new food, taste a new wine, master a new culinary technique, or just wax nostalgic on the worldwide culinary adventures I wish I was on. I can't promise you'll walk away from the computer knowing how to de-bone a fish or make the perfect souffle, but I can assure you it'll be a hoot while you're playing (following) along! I want to hear what you want to see....did you see a cooking show and wished you could make what was onscreen? I bet you I wished that same thing, so let me know, and I'll let you live vicariously through my learning process--- it's a win/win!


Share this with your friends, and message me your thoughts! **unless they're rude, then you can keep them to yourself ;) **

Let's get cooking! (And drinking, and travelling, and playing, and.....)


Crab suckin'!

Cuban feast in Miami-- Palacio de Jugos (if you don't speak Spanish, it might be hard, but it's WORTH IT)

Disney Margaritas! (I think they tasted better just cause we were at Disney...)

Me (rocking the CLASSIEST Minnie ears EVER), and the hubs at Magic Kingdom Disney World


Just a taste of some of Oregon's finest....I work in the tasting room at Dobbes Family Estate....if you're in the Pacific NW, come see me!!

Family beach day!!

Ummmm, did anyone say yummy fruit parfait?!

Fried lobster skewers, fresh oysters on the half shell, a no-filler crab cake and an incredible Nebiolo to wash it all down!

I did that! Seared steak, heirloom tomato sandwich with a quick-pickled cucumber salad! (I did not, however, cut the waffle fries)

Yeah, that's the look of satisfaction after some fresh seafood stew on the Intracoastal waterway Fort Lauderdale! (Pirates Republic Seafood house and bar....INCREDIBLE)

I bet you think that's soda....it's Not Your Father's Rootbeer....and it was DANGEROUSLY delicious. That's a 6% whallup in that there glass!


So that's a "taste" (ha! see what I did there!?) of what you'll be getting... So stick around and let's see what kind of trouble we can get into!!!

I am love---*Toni

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Maybe even I will learn a thing or two about cooking ;)

    ReplyDelete